Why Should I Consider Spray Foam Insulation
As one of the most technologically advanced insulation systems available today. SPF, or Spray Polyurethane Foam has the following advantages over most other types of insulation commercially available on the market today:
- SPF can reduce heating and cooling costs by as much as 50%
- SPF expands to fill tiny holes, gaps, and penetrations around pipes, wiring, and ducts
- SPF reduces dust accumulation and improves overall indoor air quality.
- SPF is excellent for sound deadening and reducing transmission of noise between floors, through walls, or from any room/ part of the building to another .
- SPF is naturally water, mold, mildew and pest resistant & improves the overall indoor environment. SPF does not support the growth of mold and prevents condensation in the building assembly, which leads to mold and mildew.
- SPF is great for new construction and old construction /retrofits
- SPF prevents ice dams on your roof because it doesn't’t allow warm air to melt the bottom layer of the snow sitting on your roof and at the eaves, which typically results in a water backup which finds penetrations in the roof structure and leads to catastrophic leaks, water damage, and mold
- SPF has an excellent return on investment compared to most energy improvements. A SPF application typically pays for itself in reduced heating and cooling costs, in a period of 2-5 years, and as low as >1 year with state, federal and utility company rebates.
- SPF is inert and non-toxic. It does not emit significant levels of VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- SPF does not settle or degrade over time, even if it gets wet.
- SPF is the only insulation system approved for un-vented attic assemblies.
- SPF insulation is critical in reducing your home’s air leakage and reduces greenhouse gas emissions and your resulting carbon footprint
SPF is a versatile product that has many different uses, including but not limited to the following:
- Air sealing
- Foundation waterproofing
- Noise/ sound control
- Marine flotation
- Duct insulation & sealant
- Commercial refrigeration application
- Structural reinforcement
DMT Foam is always interested in new and different ways to utilize foam. Think you have a project we'd be interested in? Give us a call!